The History of Gaming
Did you know that in 2017, the gaming industry has generated $108 billion in revenue?
From going to arcades, to the first Nintendo console to iPhones and eSports, gaming has evolved since 1972 when Pong, the first arcade game ever was released.
The team at HistoryDegree.net put together the History of Gaming Infographic which gives a detailed timeline.
Here are few highlights from the infographic:
- Atari 2600 was the first gaming console, sold 27 million units propelled by Asteroids.
- In the 1980’s, Pac-Man $2 billion in revenue and Nintendo changed everything
- Today, there are 2.2 billion gamers worldwide playing against each other regardless of location
- XBOX One and PS4 are nearing 100 million units sold
- By 2020, mobile gaming will account for half of the gaming market
- Average age of today’s gamer is 35
This post has been seen 5345 times.