November’s Cosplayer Of The Month
Novembers Cosplayer of the Month is…
This months cosplayer interview is short but sweet. Although Micheal is not much of a talker his Photo’s are amazing. He is definitely one of the best Cosplayers I’ve seen yet!
Here is Yuki!
1. What is your name and do you have an Alias?
My name is Michael aka Yuki – 小雪花 Cosplay.
2. How long have you been cosplaying?
3. What was is or who inspired you to start?
My high school friends and the anime community in my school.
4. Tell us about your first Cosplay experience?
My first cosplay was a homemade Len Kagamine costume. It was also my first time trying on a wig and contact lens. I was very excited to dress up at Club’s Fair for my school’s anime club.
5. What is a challenge you find with Cosplay?
Making time for it during school. Also, this hobby is very expensive.
6. What is the most enjoyable part of Cosplay for you?
Being able to get into costume and be someone else for a day and hang out with other cosplayers.
7. Have you met any lasting friends because of Cosplay? Describe one.
I’ve definitely made new friends from cosplaying. I know them more on a cosplay aspect, though I would like to learn more about their other interests too.
8. Is Cosplay now a life time hobby for you? Or say maybe Addiction?
Less so than last year, especially because this year is my last year of university and it’s challenging to make time. However, I do see myself cosplaying for the next couple years to come.
9. What is one or two characters that you want to do in the future?
Abyssal Wo-class Carrier from Kantai Collection and Asuramaru from Owari no Seraph.
10. If you had to choose only one costume to wear for the rest of your life what would it be?
I honestly can’t answer that question because my favorite characters change as new seasons of anime come out.
11. What makes your decision on who you decide to Cosplay? EG:(Difficultly body match or do we look a like?)
Popularity of the character, how much I like him/her, and whether I have the body to pull it off (e.g. height, build, personality).
12. Some People Don’t Understand why you do it. How do you answer them?
I haven’t had too many issues with people not accepting my hobby, but some of my friends who were initially skeptic about my hobbies have gradually started accepting and even supporting me.
13. Who do you hope to inspire?
Fellow members of my school’s anime club who are also looking to start cosplaying.
14. Do you have plans for your next convention yet?
Not really. Probably the usual: prepare a cosplay, book some photographers, get some nice pictures to add to my page.
15. What are some insider tips or tricks you would like to share with fellow Cosplayers?
Long-term cosplaying is really expensive, lol.
16. Can you explain how you feel in your Costume?
I try to act in character, but if you mean how I physically feel, the heavy makeup and lashes really bothers me. When I’m cosplaying outdoors, it’s always really hot or really cold.
17. What other fun things are you into?
Watching anime, making origami.
18. Have you had any funny or interesting stories from cosplaying?.
When I was crossplaying (I use the men’s bathroom because that’s my biological sex), I’ve had at least three instances where people tell me I’m in the wrong bathroom, or they think they’re in the wrong bathroom.
19. Now that you have experience, what can you say to first timers that are nervous about loosing their Cosplay virginity?
Get out there and have fun! Confidence is the key to enjoying yourself.
20. Where can we look to find more of your Cosplaying?
You can find my page at www.facebook.com/YukiSnowCosplay
Thank you Michael, you are a fantastic Cosplayer and we hope to see much more great stuff from you! Check us out next month for another very awesome Cosplayer! Cosplay on!
Krystal Clear Photography
Page links for photographers
Zandragon: page currently unavailable
White Specs: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteSpecsPhotography
Quirky Aesthetics: https://www.facebook.com/quirkyaesthetics
This post has been seen 2881 times.