Industrial clashes with fantasy in Black Gold Online as Snail Games’ steampunk and fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) will be available for Open Beta today at 2PM PDT for Windows PC. Players also have an opportunity to participate in community events for a chance to win special in-game items.
The open beta for Black Gold Online gives players of all skill levels a chance to explore the divided world of Montel as part of either the Kingdom of Isenhorst, a mechanized society of giant walking cities and mechanized equipment, or the Erlandir Union, a nation filled with magic drawn from ancient jungles and temples. Players choose between steampunk or fantasy, as each faction engages in a brutal war to gain control of a powerful crystallized energy known as “Black Gold.”
“The player participation both through population size and hours played during the closed beta was huge and enabled our development team to make numerous content additions to what was already a robust game,” said Jim Tsai, Vice President of Snail Games USA. “With fervor demand building from players, the open beta lets anyone join who is eager to explore and battle throughout our unique bilateral land of steampunk and fantasy. The open beta’s massive activity data and player feedback will be leveraged to put the final touches on one of this year’s most anticipated MMORPGs prior to its launch later this year.”
Key features for Black Gold Online include:
- Large-Scale Battlegrounds – Including over 100 customizable ‘Carriers’ (large battle mounts) to develop for each faction
- Marvelous Art Direction – Black Gold Online creates a visually stunning world, mixing Steampunk with high fantasy in a clash of styles. Join the war as one of 6 races from the two rival factions.
- True Hardcore PvP – Fight against opposing forces (as well as members of the same faction) across a variety of battlegrounds, arenas and ‘Chambers of Greed’
- Energy Well Battles – Join even larger struggles and form armies to fight for control of precious resources in large-scale faction and guild battles
- Special Retail Version Also Available Featuring Exclusive Digital Content
– Revamped graphics, smoother textures, an updated User Interface and other mechanical changes
In addition, a retail version, Black Gold Online: Conqueror’s Edition, is now available for $19.99 at U.S. retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart and Fred Meyer. The Conqueror’s Edition, a unique offering for an MMO in open beta, includes custom exclusive garments (Officer’s Overcoat and Ceremonial Garment); special crystals for high-end exchange and crafting (Soul Crystal and Stone of Blessings); and over $20 of in-game currency. The digital content pack has an in-game value of more than $50. All Conqueror’s Edition exclusive content will be redeemable during the open beta. Further details on Black Gold Online: Conqueror’s Edition can be found on the official site.
Black Gold Online will officially launch later in 2014 exclusively for Windows PC.
Please stay tuned for more information via the official site.
To learn more on the ‘Open Beta’ events, please visit: http://bg.snailgame.com/news/view/109/
This post has been seen 619 times.